Finding a job isn’t easy, and applying for one isn’t a walk in a park. While most people can compose their resumes, many are stalled by the lack of resources or knowledge to make the best versions of their application.
I have recently stumbled upon Novoresume on the internet, and I got excited to try it out. It is one of the many resume builders you might have read on our comprehensive list of free and paid resume builders.
In this extensive (and unbiased) Novoresume Resume Builder Review — I will discuss my experience creating a resume using Novoresume. I will also discuss the pricing model, support options, if any, and any other information.
- About Novoresume
- Novoresume Resume Builder
- Novoresume Cover Letter Builder
- Novoresume Pricing
- Novoresume Blog and Other Features
- Novoresume Resume Builder Support
- Novoresume Resume Builder Reviews
- Final Thoughts — Should You Build Your Resume Using Novoresume?
After reading this review of Novoresume — you will have a clearer idea and know for sure if you should build your next resume using the platform.
So, let’s get started.
They noticed a common problem amongst several members of their network. Despite extensive work experience and impressive skill sets, these individuals had a problem showcasing their talents in a professional resume and cover letter.
The three combined their backgrounds in technology, marketing, and design to develop a web-based tool that would make producing an eye-catching resume simple.
Novoresume Resume Builder
First of all, I am blown away by the design of the webpage. I’d like to emphasize that I appreciate the work they have done in building the website. The graphics are crisp, easy on the eyes, and very modern.
Novoresume offers both free and premium templates for resumes, so I was excited to get started since it seems like there are no hidden charges.
I’d like to note that I have not registered for an account with Novoresume yet.
I clicked on the ‘Get Started for Free’ button on the homepage, and I was immediately redirected to the page where I can select from 8 different templates.
The templates are categorized into either Resumes (Students/Intermediate) or CVs (Senior). Both categories have the following templates:
- Basic — You can easily personalize this basic resume layout that can be completed under ten minutes through the Novoresume’s intuitive process.
- Executive — Has a contemporary approach and eye-catching design that makes sure your application will be spotted first.
- College — An updated and contemporary version of the 21st-century college resume template.
- Creative — A resume template specific for applying to creative industries.
- Functional A template that works for all industries and will emphasize your strengths & work experience.
- Modern — A resume template that will help you stand out from the crowd.
- Professional — A professional resume sample that has been approved by various recruiters and helped numerous people get their dream job.
- Simple — A minimalistic upgrade from the traditional resumes.
- Basic — A basic Curriculum Vitae (CV) layout.
- Executive — sample used when applying for positions that require more than five years of relevant work experience.
- College — template for the students that are applying for internships or jobs in academia or research where more than 1 page is needed.
- Creative — template for people applying for jobs in young companies or start-ups where creativity and innovation are highly valued.
- Functional — template in which it is recommended to focus on the work experience and skills you developed in the last ten years.
- Modern — The focus on your modern Curriculum Vitae (CV) template should be on your work achievements at the previous Companies and your impact on overall performance.
- Professional — a template developed in collaboration with multiple recruiters to increase your chances of getting your dream job.
- Simple — developed for Seniors that have extensive experience in conservative industries such as banking or law.
I chose the basic template both for the resume and CV category for the purposes of this review. Before proceeding to create my resume, I was asked to register first.
You can register with your email or sign in using your Google account.
They will then send you a verification code to make sure that you aren’t a bot.
Resume (Basic Template)
Once you have completed the registration, you can start editing your resume. They will then ask your experience level:
I chose ‘Intermediate’ as my experience level. Before I can continue to edit my resume — I was given an option to receive special offers and pro-tips, which I happily agreed to.
After choosing your template and experience level, you will be redirected to the page to edit your resume further.
Before I get into each detail of this resume builder, I’d like to commend the work that the Novoresume team has put into their web design.
The dark background brings the resume editing fields to attention and focus. It’s like night mode, so if you spend a lot of time editing your resume, it shouldn’t strain your eyes.
The positioning of the different editing tools is convenient. At first glance, you would also get the impression that you are using a photoshop tool for resumes, which is cool.
As you can see in the image above, there are 12 fonts to choose from.
The first 3 are free, while the rest are for premium package users.
1. You also have a selection of font sizes from small (S), medium (M), and large (L).Theme
Moving on to the ‘Theme’ section, I am further blown away with a wide array of selections. There are 32 themes that you can choose. The first 12 are free, while the rest are for premium package users.
There are also 20 different creative backgrounds for you to use.
Only the plain one is free, though, while the rest is for premium package users.
After that, you get to edit the layout of your resume. If you want to change your experience level, you may do so.
You can also select from the 3 predefined layouts, and customize it to a single or two-column resume. I also love that there is an option for you to show your resume’s title, summary, or photo.
If you subscribe to a premium account with Novoresume though, you get access to the custom layout feature which allows you to rearrange sections on your resume such as:
- Technical Skills.
- Conf. and Courses.
- Soft Skills.
Earlier in this article, we discussed the 8 templates you can use for your resume. In the resume builder, you have the chance to select another template if you wish.
This editing tool allows the user to input the date of the resume, list labels, as well as the page number.
The Novoresume team’s attention to detail on these small things have impressed me so far. There’s even ‘undo’ and ‘redo’ buttons next to the settings!
There’s also a ruler bar for your resume. I’m amazed as I only get to edit the margins and indentions in Microsoft Word.
While editing, I noticed that there are some notifications on the left sidebar under the section called ‘Optimizer.’
I clicked to see what was going on, and I realized this is Novoresume’s feature, which provides suggestions on revisions.
It showed me that I had 15 areas that I need to revise, and it also has 2 suggestions.
Once you click on a revision, the resume immediately highlights the part. To edit, you simply have to click on the ‘Fix it’ button on the textbox.
I also clicked on the ‘Suggestions’, and you will get a textbox with some suggestions to make your resume better.
7. My Content
The ‘My Content’ tab is like your online template storage. You can find the entries from one of your resumes so that you can use it for another.
So, for example, I want to save my header since it practically is the same if I would create another resume. I would simply hover my mouse on the header, then click a ‘left-pointing arrow’ button that would appear to save the header.
This feature is beneficial for those who plan to create multiple resumes.
This tab provides helpful tips to newbies who might not know how to start writing their resume.
Filling out the resume is easy (since you only have to type in your details), but some may find it challenging.
This tab even has a set of videos to help any newbie get started with composing their resumes. Once you click on the ‘Open Video List’ button, you will be able to watch different videos on writing the best resume possible.
There is 1 video for free, and an additional 8 for premium subscribers.
So, once you have read all the tips and edited your resume to your liking, you can proceed to download your resume using the ‘Download’ button near the settings.
Your resume is automatically saved, and ready to download in PDF format. I’d like to note that if you only have a basic account, you may only create one resume at a time.
CV (Basic Template)
I have explored the Resume builder. Now, I’m going to check on the Novoresume CV builder.
I deleted my initial resume so that I will be able to make a CV (since I’m still on a basic account). To delete it, I went to ‘My Documents’ on the top right corner. You will then be directed to your documents page.
Once there, you simply have to click on the ‘3 dots’ button on your resume and click ‘delete.’
After selecting a template, I noticed that there’s not much difference between the Resume and CV builder in terms of editing tools.
I can say that CVs are much more detailed and should be used by those with a ton of experience in a particular field.
I then proceeded to create a cover letter.
Novoresume Cover Letter Builder
I have stressed in my other articles how important a cover letter is to a resume. The Novoresume cover letter builder will help you create the best version of a cover letter you can make.
There are 8 templates to choose from:
- Basic — A classic but stylish design for the basic cover letter layout that has a minimalistic approach.
- Executive — A cover letter sample is having an up-to-date arrangement that aligns with the principles imposed by recruiters and employers.
- College — cover letter template for students applying for internships or part-time jobs, or for graduates applying for their first full-time job.
- Creative — a template that matches your creative CV to create an eye-catching application.
- Functional — a template that will increase your chances of being called for an interview by focusing on your skills.
- Modern — a template with a perfect blend of functionality and design.
- Professional — a template that will make sure you will have higher chances of getting your dream job.
- Simple — a simple cover letter layout for those applying in more traditional industries such as banking, academia, or the law.
I selected the basic template for this review.
The cover letter builder has the same amount of font styles and themes that you would find on your resume builder.
Since there is no need for sectioning in a cover letter unlike in a resume, there are only limited options on the layout tool:
- Use US Letter Format — automatically adjusts your cover letter margins to a US Letter format.
- Show Title — hides/unhides the cover letter title.
- Show Company details — hides/unhides the company details.
You can also edit the formatting of your cover letter for typographic emphasis or alignment:
- Left Align.
- Center Align.
- Right Align.
- Bulleted List.
- Numbered List.
I’d like to note that the Novoresume Cover Letter builder is a premium feature. For transparency purposes, you can create one and test it for free; however, downloading it will require your account to be upgraded.
Speaking of premium, how much does it cost? No worries!
I have created a table below to summarize the pricing with the corresponding benefits.
Novoresume Blog and Other Features
Novoresume has an extensive set of articles in their career blog that can help anyone build their careers:
- Resume and CV Writing.
- Cover Letter Writing.
- Personal Development.
- Inspiring Stories.
- Interviews and Find a Job.
- The Job Seeker’s Odyssey (e-book).
Here are some of Novoresume’s privacy policies:
- The data and information that identify you as an individual will be kept on their servers as long as they are needed, but no longer than 6 years since the last usage of Novorésumé.
- While ensuring the safety of your data, Novorésumé may link the personal data they have collected about you through the multiple channels: the use of their website/apps, newsletter subscription, name, email, city, country, and information using cookies from 3rd parties (data from 3rd parties does not contain information about you as an individual, but the overall audience) concerning your interests, demographics, preferences (e.g., age group, academic background, job preferences.).
Novoresume Resume Builder Support
Novoresume has a chat widget at the bottom right corner of their website. You can either chat with them right away or utilize the search button to look for articles on their website to find an answer.
Aside from that, they also have a feedback widget on top of the chat support widget.
I especially love this part because once you click on the ‘Specific feedback’ option, it allows you to click on the part of the website and provide immediate feedback.
The customer feedback form is top-notch, and it made me feel as if they do care about their customer’s experience.
Apart from chat support and the feedback widget, you can also send them an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Novoresume Resume Builder Reviews
I found a whopping 523 reviews of Novoresume on Trustpilot which gave them a rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
This further amazed me as a user because it shows that this resume builder is being used by a lot of people.
They’re also very responsive to each review!
Final Thoughts — Should Your Build Your Resume Using Novoresume?
Overall, I’m satisfied with my experience using Novoresume to create my resume, CV, and cover letter.
Even before I started to build my resume, I already liked the interface of the website. The graphics are very modern, minimalist, and crisp.
I loved their extensive support, wherein you can leave feedback to any feature on the website. Their AI-assistant on the resume builder is also top-notch.
The pricing also isn’t hidden, and you can use their service for free (understandably with limited features).
I love the different infographics and videos that make instructions to understand.
I really commend their team for working so hard to build this website, and I definitely would recommend Novoresume to anyone who is looking for a user-friendly resume builder.